Saturday, November 25, 2006

Review of My Retirement Portfolio FDGRX

FDGRX (Fidelity Growth Company)

When I considered this investment for my portfolio it didn't satisfy some of my requirements (Morning Star rating, risk..), but with an intutive feeling I invested in this fund. When I invested, the Morning star rating was only 3 stars, now it is 4. Same Manager, no changes in investing strategy. Turnover rate also didn't change much (from 47% to 50%). Even now it is in high risk, but the return doesn't seem to be worth for the risk taken. For the past three years, the return was about 11% which is a decent return to me. But now I am seriously thinking about holding on to this.

Large Growth
Morning Star Rating ****
Closed to new investors
Manager 10 yrs (Steve Wymer)
Exp Ratio 0.96% (increased from 0.85% but below 1%)
Annual Turnover 50%
High Risk
1,3,and 5 year returns are higher compared to the avg returns of its peer group

Asset Allocation %
Cash 0.65
U.S. Stocks 92.54
Foreign Stocks 6.50
Bonds 0.00
Other 0.3

3 year Risk (Modern Portfolio Theory) Statistics
Alpha (against Standard Index) -2.47
Beta (against Standard Index) 1.32
Mean Annual Return 11.11
R-squared (against Standard Index) 68
Standard Deviation 11.76
Sharpe Ratio 0.70
Treynor Ratio -0.26

Source: Yahoo Finance, Morning Star, Fund Alarm

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home